OctoPack Battler Sample Project for RPG Maker MV
This is a sample project that contains a plugin with the 8x OctoPack Battler plugins compiled together and a pre-built setup to let you create a game to get the battle system running right out of the box. This sample project is heavily inspired by Octopath Traveler! You can use it to build your own game on top of it to have everything work properly!
So what else is included with the sample project?
Class Skills: The skills from each of the 12 classes in Octopath Traveler have been remade in this sample project!
Full Database: There is a full database of classes, skills, items, weapons, armors, enemies, troops, and states! The 12 classes and their skills are there, 40+ items, 200+ weapons, 400+ armors, 200+ enemies, and 40+ states! Many of which even have custom effects! Armors and enemies even have their own stats and weaknesses that are unique from each other! This is a lot to get working with and give you ideas for what kind of game you want to make!
Tutorial Area: A tutorial area to explain to you, the game developer, how the battle system works. By the end of the sample project, you will have mastered the Order Turn Battle system and have a clearer understanding on how to make a game with it.
Monster Arena: Made using the 200+ enemies to create a monster area. You can test out fights against random encounters or even boss fights suited for various levels from level 1 to level 99!
Other Unique Assets: The sample project will also include a modified version of Lady Luck's Octopath-like Damage for RPG Maker MV and updated icons suited for the battle system that I've added myself!
What Can You Do With It?
What can you do with the sample project?
If you buy it, you can create a game on top of it, use the skills I've recreated, use the items, weapons, armors, states I've made, modify them if you want to your liking, or just even release a full game using the systems I've set up inside of it! You can even move the database items over to your own project, too, but you will need to change some of the settings on some of the effects of certain database items.
About the Plugin
This is a RPG Maker MV compilation plugin using
eight (now) TEN various battle-related plugins to make an in-depth battle system. The plugins are:
Some of the features in this plugin requires YEP Battle Engine Core. Please go to Yanfly's website to download it and install it:
If you are using this plugin, please do not use the other 8 plugins listed or else there will be errors. If you have configured the plugin parameters for those individual plugins, you will unfortunately have to reconfigure them for this one again. I'm afraid there is not anything I can do about that and I must apologize for it.
For the best compatibility, place this plugin close to the BOTTOM of your plugin list. This is to ensure the features of this plugin will be used and that other plugins do not override this one.
This plugin is made for RPG Maker MV versions 1.6.1 and below. If you update RPG Maker MV past that and this plugin breaks, I am NOT responsible for it.
This plugin is compatible with the following plugins:
- YEP Core Engine
- YEP Battle Engine Core
- YEP Action Sequence Packs 1, 2, 3
- YEP Animated Sideview Enemies
- YEP Counter Control
- YEP Battle AI Core
- YEP Battle Select Cursor
- YEP Buffs & States Core
- YEP Damage Core
- YEP Element Core
- YEP Target Core
- YEP Skill Core
- YEP Instant Cast
- YEP Item Core
- YEP Equip Core
- YEP Job Points
- YEP Base Troop Events
- YEP Swap Enemies
Place this plugin under those in the Plugin Manager list. Otherwise, the effects of the plugins under this plugin may not work properly. I am NOT responsible for the compatibility of plugins not shown in the above list.
1. These plugins may be used in free or commercial games.
2. 'Fallen Angel Olivia' and 'Yanfly' must be given credit in your games.
3. You are allowed to edit the code.
4. Do NOT change the filename, parameters, and information of the plugin.
5. You are NOT allowed to redistribute these Plugins and Sample Project.
6. You may NOT take code for your own released Plugins.
Change Log History
- July 17 2019: Fixed <Hide HP Gauge> notetag not working.
- Apr 16 2019: If using Battle Engine Core and a battler opacity reaches 0, the weakness display will also fade.
- Sep 18 2018: Bug Fixes. Mentioned here.
- Sep 19 2018: Bug Fixes. Mentioned here.
- Sep 20 2018: Bug Fixes. Mentioned here.
- Sep 21 2018: Major update! Mentioned here!
- Sep 25 2018: Major update! Mentioned here!
- Sep 26 2018: Bug Fixes. Mentioned here.
- Sep 28 2018: Bug Fix for Item Concoctions, details here.
- Sep 30 2018: Major update! Mentioned here!
- Oct 2 2018: Updated Sample Project's Anti-Player Stress Plugin to latest version.
- Oct 7 2018: Major Update! Mentioned here!
- Oct 16 2018: Bug fixed for Side Battle UI. Can now display more than 4 states if chosen by plugin parameter settings.
- Oct 23 2018: Bug fixed for Weapon Swap System. Battle Test Weapon plugin parameter now works properly.
- Nov 16 2019: Error display in stun state not updating properly for Side Battle UI.
In order to download this tool you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $26.66 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Oct 7 2018 OctoPack Battler Big Update 4Oct 07, 2018
- Sep 30 2018 OctoPack Battler Big Update 3Oct 01, 2018
- Sep 28 2018 Sample Project Bug FixSep 28, 2018
- Sep 26 2018 Sample Project Bug FixSep 27, 2018
- Sep 25 2018 OctoPack Battler Big Update 2Sep 25, 2018
- Sep 21 2018 OctoPack Battler Sample Project Big UpdateSep 21, 2018
- Sep 20 2018 OctoPack Battler Sample Project Bug FixesSep 20, 2018
- Sep 19 2018 OctoPack Battler Sample Project Bug FixesSep 19, 2018