State Tooltip Display plugin for RPG Maker MV
A downloadable tool
This is a RPG Maker MV plugin that adds a tooltip window in battle (and other scenes) dedicated to showing information regarding states. If the player hovers the mouse over the state icons, the window will appear and display descriptions about each of the states affecting the battler.
<Help Description> insert a help description here insert another line if you want to </Help Description> - Place this in the states that you want to have appear in the tooltip window. Text codes can be used for the description. If no description is used, then the state will not appear in the tooltip window.
Window Scale: Scale the size of the contents of the tooltip window down by this much. Use 1.0 for regular size.
Window Skin: Window skin used for Tooltip window. This can be used to help tell the player at first glance that the information displayed there is different from the normal window.
Window Skin Opacity: Opacity of the window skin. Sometimes you don't want the opacity to be too transparent, as it will make the text on the tooltip window harder to read.
Text Help Format: If you don't want to use the default text format for the tooltip window entries, change it up to your liking.
Buff Format, Debuff Format: Since buffs and debuffs don't have database entries, you will change how they appear in the tooltips here.
Turn Duration Format: Change how you want the turn duration to appear in your tooltip window.
Enabled Windows: You can disable which windows tooltips will appear from. Decide which ones work best for you and which ones don't. Only certain types of windows are compatible the tooltip window.
1. Window_Help: This requires YEP_BattleEngineCore and YEP_BuffsStatesCore. Window_Help used in battle that shows the battler's name.
2. Window_SkillStatus: Shown in the skill menu. Also used in a variety of Yanfly's menu revisions.
3. Window_BattleSideStates: Used with Olivia's Side Battle Status UI.
4. Window_BattleStatus: Used for the battle status window. Only compatible with the default and Yanfly's.
This plugin is compatible with the following plugins:
Place this plugin under those in the Plugin Manager list.
Also, if you are using Yanfly's In Battle Status plugin, you may want to empty out this plugin parameter, the State Help Front:
This will prevent the tooltip description from flooding with its own data needlessly.
W A R N I N G ! ! !
This plugin is made for RPG Maker MV versions 1.6.1 and below. If you update RPG Maker MV past that and this plugin breaks, I am NOT responsible for it.
1. These plugins may be used in free or commercial games.
2. 'Fallen Angel Olivia' must be given credit in your games.
3. You are allowed to edit the code.
4. Do NOT change the filename, parameters, and information of the plugin.
5. You are NOT allowed to redistribute these Plugins.
6. You may NOT take code for your own released Plugins.
- 2019 May 17: Bug fix for tooltip not updating unless need new mouse over
- 2019 Feb 12: Added YEP_X_InBattleStatus compatibility
- 2019 Feb 21: Updated tooltips so they won't display the remaining turns if the state has "None" as its auto-removal timing.
In order to download this tool you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: